Gameplay is similar to BRE in a different setting. In Falcon's Eye, a player controls a county within a mythical, medieval world. Players must develop their county's economy, employ their people, construct buildings, create a military and expand their lands.
Falcon's Eye has more variables than BRE. A player's county can belong to one of many races; workers can be employed in various types of jobs; different buildings may be built on a county's land; and various types of spells may be cast.
Players compete for the "Falcon's Eye," a glass eye from a famous sculpture of a falcon. It is awarded each day to the player with the highest score. The player who possesses the Eye gains several advantages over other players, though his population will become more demanding, which results in a lower approval rating.
- Official Falcon's Eye page at John Dailey Software
- Falcon's Eye details by Kenny Root - breaks down FE's GAME.DAT file format, as well as mechanics of spell casting in the game.
- Falcon's Eye Strategy Guide by Justin Verduyn, hosted at GameFAQs.com.
- Falcon's Eye Basic Hints & Tips, hosted at GameFAQs.com
- Falcon's Eye Remake - A 2004 port of Falcon's Eye written in Java
- The Legends of Falcon's Eye - Stories and character bios inspired by actual FE players